About Dr Tawfik
Qualifications and Fellowships:
- Completed his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) at the University of Sydney in 2000.
- Completed Advanced Training in Orthopaedic Surgery and subsequently obtained his Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in 2009.
- Undertook a 12 month fellowship in Hand, Wrist and Microsurgery at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, UK as well as at Kantonsspital st. Gallen, Switzerland.
- Returned to Australia and completed the prestigious 12 month Sydney Hospital and St Luke’s Hospital Hand Surgery Fellowship.
Associations and Achievements:
- Is a Clinical Lecturer in Surgery at the University of Sydney and in April 2013 was awarded the John Loewenthal Medal for outstanding teaching in Microsurgery.
- Is a Faculty Member of the Academy of Surgical Educators of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- Is Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
- Is a member of the Australian Hand Surgery Society as well as the NSW Hand Surgery Association, Australian Medical Association and in 2016 he became a full member of the Asia Pacific Wrist Association (APWA).
- Has given presentations at international, national and local conferences and recently was awarded Best Scientific Paper presented at the NSW Hand Surgery Association Conference (2012 and 2014). He has also been published in peer review Journals and written a book Chapter on the Management of Wrist Fractures.
Our support team
Our support team is led by Gina Etherington. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do and the members of our support team are key to providing patient centric, efficient and effective service and care to you.