Orthopaedic Hand Surgeon in Sydney
Orthopaedic Hand Surgeon – Sydney: Dr Tawfik can help you with all conditions of the hand and wrist including arthroscopy and microsurgery. With Dr Tawfik, you know you’re in good hands. We are located at three convenient locations across Sydney and Wollongong.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is associated with pain, tingling, numbness and general weakness in your hand …
Orthopaedic hand surgeon – Sydney: Trigger Finger
Trigger Finger or Trigger Thumb occurs when there is inflammation around the tendons which can cause the finger …
This condition affects the tendons on the side of your wrist, near the thumb. It can cause pain when you move your wrist …
This is a hand condition where knots of tissue (which feel like small bumps) form under the skin of your palm …
Orthopaedic hand surgeon in Sydney
Associations and Achievements:
- Is a Clinical Lecturer in Surgery at the University of Sydney and in April 2013 was awarded the John Loewenthal Medal for outstanding teaching in Microsurgery.
- Is a Faculty Member of the Academy of Surgical Educators of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- Is Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
- Is a member of the Australian Hand Surgery Society as well as the NSW Hand Surgery Association, Australian Medical Association and in 2016 he became a full member of the Asia Pacific Wrist Association (APWA).
- Has given presentations at international, national and local conferences and recently was awarded Best Scientific Paper presented at the NSW Hand Surgery Association Conference (2012 and 2014). He has also been published in peer review Journals and written a book Chapter on the Management of Wrist Fractures.