Process for Patients
Prior to your first appointment:
- Your GP will provide a referral for Dr Tawfik. Please bring the original referral to your initial appointment.
- To make an appointment with Dr Tawfik at any of our locations, please call 1300 829 345 (1300 TAWFIK).
At your first appointment:
- At your first appointment, you will have an initial consultation with Dr Tawfik, which usually take 30 minutes.
- During your initial consultation Dr Tawfik will ask you questions relating to your history such as:
- Your symptoms and how long you have had them.
- Whether the symptoms come and go or if they are constant.
- Whether the symptoms started suddenly or were gradual.
- How they affect you at work and at home and if they interfere with any sports, hobbies or musical instruments.
- If you have an injury, details about how and when the injury occurred.
- Whether anything makes your symptoms better or worse.
- Any treatment you have had to date.
- Following the history Dr Tawfik will conduct a Clinical Examination where he looks at your hand and wrist to help localise your pain and symptoms and examine the structures which may be causing the symptoms.
- Dr Tawfik will then review any tests you have had, and he may need to refer you for further testing to help clarify the diagnosis and best treatment options.
- Based on the above Dr Tawfik will talk you through all relevant treatment options, both non-surgical and surgical and make a recommendation for your situation.
Following your first appointment:
- You may require further appointments to evaluate your response to non-surgical management and to review the results of any further tests. (These follow up consultations are usually 15 minutes).
- Surgery may also be recommended, and this will be discussed with you in detail and plenty of opportunity will be given to you to ask any questions.